Saturday, May 14, 2011

BR 1-04: BRITISH LIFE

       I took this class about UK last year, so I've been interested in the country before I read this book. This is a reason why I chose it. I was surprised "English" and "British" isn't same. English is one of the nations in the UK. On the other hand, the Scots, Welsh and Northern Irish are British. We should have a right view about these things.
       I've read this book, I found few things that compare Japanese to British. First, about 65% of people over the age of 65 live alone. I couldn't believe about that. I'm sure old people living alone is dangerous and they'll felt lonely. When children grow up, they begin to live alone. They depend their parents not so much. Japanese children have different way to live. Even children live alone, their parents meet sometimes or children go home their own home. Most parents worry about their children whether they eat healthy meals and they're fine. Second, British couples don't think their marriage first. They live together, and get married. I thought This process is very long but good for each other because they have a lot of time to talk their future. Some Japanese couples get married early without living together. They will not know each other so much, so many couples divorce. British couples think about their jobs at once before they have children. I thought British couples have prudent thinking each other. Japanese couples should be carefully themselves more.
      I learned British real life through this book. It made me fresh, and you also find a lot of differences more than you thought.


Reference: Anne, C. (2001). BRITISH LIFE. published by Penguin Books Ltd.   
                                                                                              [288 words]

No comments:

Post a Comment