Wednesday, December 28, 2011

BR 2-15: Mike's Lucky Day

"He is very late, and Jennifer isn't at the cinema." (Dunkling, 2000, p.11)

There is a reason why I chose this book. On this book cover, a handsome boy is smiling for a cute girl. I thought it is about love story, so I chose it.

Mike is an assistant van driver. He met a beautiful girl "Jennifer" accidentally in her father's shop. He fall in love with her. He could get her phone number, but he was shy. One day he invited her to watch movies, but he couldn't expect what happen with him.

After I read it, I was surprised at his happening. Why he had to go police...? I thought many times. His accidents carried happiness for her. She doesn't know about him so much, but she found that he really likes her. He thought the day was unhappy, but actually, they don't find each feelings without the day.

Reference: Duckling, Leslie. (2000). Mike's Lucky Day. London: Pearson Education.

[169 words]

No comments:

Post a Comment